Apologies that the website has not been updated with homework for Swans class.
Please continue to practise times tables at home and reading as much as possible.
We will get the homework page back up and running in the New Year.
The deadline for Voices in the Park homework projects is Monday 12th November 2018. Thank you to parents for all your support with these projects I have really enjoyed seeing ones brought in so far!
Our new quality text is: Wanted: The Perfect Pet.
The children are really enjoying using this book to help us with our learning.
On Tuesday we started with a visit to the river to see the ducks, I was so pleased with how the children behaved and listened. The children had a lovely time feeding the ducks and looking at the different types of ducks.
The children have been busy this week learning how to write instructions to make their perfect pet disguises which I am looking forward to reading.
I am really looking forward to seeing what this year brings! All the children have made a fantastic start to the year and I am so proud them.
Below you will find lots of class information, photographs of what we have been doing and homework tasks set.
New information will be added from the top of the page.
The children have been busy learning their 4 and 8 times tables this week!
Thank you for all your hard work practicing these at home.
Swans Homework 5th October-19th October 2018
1) Continue to practice the 4 and 8 times tables.
2) Practice spelling Year 3 and 4 common exception words (sheet will be sent home).
3) Please continue to read with your child as much as you can.
Thank you for your continued support.
Swans Homework - 25th September-5th October 2018
1) Continue to practice times tables up to 12x12 - find fun ways of doing this!
2) Practice spelling words with contractions e.g. don't, shouldn't, haven't etc. The children are learning different strategies to help them with their spelling so please ask them to tell you about it.
3) Please continue to read with your child every night, this doesn't have to be their school reading book and it can be you reading to them, the important thing is to share and discuss texts with your children. Please record this in the yellow Reading Record as children can earn dojos for doing this.
This year we are using a quality text for the focus of our teaching and most of the curriculum will come from links with that text.
Our first Quality Text is
HERMELIN the Detective Mouse
All children should have their Reading Record and their book to read in school every day. Children are expected to record what they have read in the book and to read for at least 15 minutes every day.
P.E. Days are Tuesdays and Thursdays – Please make sure that your child has the correct P.E. kit in school on these days. This includes warm jogging bottoms, sweatshirt (children should not be wearing their school jumper) and suitable trainers (not pumps with this age group please).
Mrs Geithner-Hill will be sending a letter home about this.
Homework for the next 2 weeks includes…
1) To learn times tables for quick recall. By the end of Year 4 children are expected to know all of their times tables up to 12x12.
Find fun ways of doing this e.g. In the car or the supermarket! Hit the button, quick fire questions. Children should record when they do this in their reading diary.
Parents can make a comment in their diary if they wish. Work can be sent in too.
2) Spelling – All children should be able to spell the days of the week, the months of the year and all the numbers up to 20. If the children know these they have some key words to learn. Please encourage them to learn these words in the interesting ways that we have in class – a sheet will be sent home and a copy will be placed in the whole school section. Children should record when they do this in their reading diary.
3) Handwriting – Some children will be sent home handwriting practice to complete.
4) Projects – At times children will be asked to complete a project. They will be given at least 4 weeks to complete this. I know the children love doing these and I am always amazed with the effort and enthusiasm that goes into them.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Please feel free to email me with any questions. Emails will be answered within 1 working day.